John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
JSI is currently supporting the Ethiopian Ministry of Health to improve efficiencies in vaccine administration through the deployment of Master card’s Wellness solution and complementary services. JSI will serve as a third-party service provider to the Ministry of Health to help it in its implementation of the Program in Ethiopia.
The Warehouse/Admin Officer will support the project team and procurement, logistics, and/or the operations team with regular and special activities including store management, inventory management, office equipment maintenance, handling of petty cash, and keeping evidence-based records for all of the workflows under his/her responsibility.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
● Ensure goods or materials received in the store are delivered as per the correct specification, and be sure if due inspection is made with respective technical staff before issuing Goods receiving voucher;
● Issue goods/items upon receiving an approved store issue voucher by prudent staff /supervisor;
● Prepare bin-cards for all inventories and update the moment goods are in and out on daily basis;
● Ensuring all received and issued documentation are properly kept;
● Record the ins and outs of store inventories in soft copy on timely basis;
● Ensures that stores are kept clean and well organized and responsible for safeguarding the stores by locking them at all times when not used as well as cleaning the room;
● Copy and maintain procurement documents properly if needed;
● Receive office equipment maintenance requests and facilitate timely for appropriate fixing
● Handle petty cash replenished on monthly basis; for loading unloading, miscellaneous purchases, for office maintenance and repair payments;
● Monthly reconciliation of petty cash;
● Ensure identification, classification and coding of all stock items promptly and accurately and maintain an updated stores inventory record for all stock items;
● Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of projects files, records and information at all times;
● Assist in the process of procurement;
● Responsible for implementing DHA’s Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI’s policies on fraud management
● Assist in maintaining and updating DHA fixed asset recording and assist to conduct year-end and other period physical count;
● Assist in ensuring all the project and DHA Assets are tagged with Fixed Asset Number and reconcile with asset registration record;
● Draft regular reports such as warehouse stock report, inventory report, and asset lists according to DHA’s internal templates and procedures, flagging issues and gaps as needed timely.
● Perform any other duties as required and/or assigned.
Qualifications, Experience and technical competencies:
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualifications:
● Diploma or higher education in logistics, procurement, supply chain, or related field
● At least five years’ or relevant experience in supply chain/warehouse management, inventory record, preferably with NGOs industry.
● Experience in handling administrative tasks, including set up and maintaining of filing systems.
● Fluency in the English language.
● Proficiency in computer software, such as Windows, Word, and Excel.
● Knowledge of computer networking systems, email systems, and internet.
● Good communications and interpersonal skills
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions.
How to Apply
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form no later than July 3, 2022.
1. Fill out the online application form using this form: Online Application form -Warehouse/Admin Officer. If you don’t fill out the online application form, your application will not be considered.
2. Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
3. You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered.
4. Any application received after the closing date will not be considered.
5. Application deadline: July 3, 2022.