Position: Senior Secretary
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: July, 13/2022
To provide full secretarial and administrative service to the Manager in addition to secretarial assistance and support to other department staff as necessary.
- To provide secretarial and administrative support to the VP (India and Nepal).
- Maintain a diary and arrange appointments as necessary.
- Type letters; memos; reports and schedules as required.
- Ensure the filing system is properly organized and maintained up to date.
- Timely filing for flight permissions and schedules with Civil Aviation Authority.
- Ensure timely and cost-effective ordering of stationery and EK material/forms in order to maintain appropriate stock levels.
- Maintain up-to-date records of sick leave and annual leave for all staff.
- Maintain a record of up-to-date petty cash expenditures and reconcile the petty cash at the end of each week.
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the office by being proactive, prioritizing, and organizing the work at hand.
- Undertakes a variety of administrative routines without supervision and /or ad hoc exercises within guidelines.
- Screens incoming telephone calls; where appropriate deals with queries and inquiries within established guidelines or refers calls to others as appropriate.
- Co-ordinates the diary; schedules and co-ordinates travel arrangements
- Coordinates arrangements for a variety of internal and external meetings; and assembles appropriate material for the meetings/conferences.
- To update and maintain Minutes of meetings for appropriate action and follow-ups.
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate or Equivalent Diploma
- Shorthand and/or speed writing would be an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years experience in an administrative capacity in a medium or large-size company with strong administrative skills.
- Must be fully competent in MS Office applications.
- Must have a high degree of fluency in spoken and written English; a pleasant telephone manner and the ability to prioritize work.
- Must have the right to live and work in Ethiopia.
Salary & Benefits
Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays.