Salini Impregilo Spa
Position: Junior Site Engineer
Job Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Contract
Place of Work: Benshangul Gumaz, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: June, 30/2022
Webuild is hiring a Junior Site Engineer for the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam Project (GERDP), in Ethiopia.
The GERDP project is a project of great scope and importance, for the realization of which ad-hoc solutions were also developed, in order to build the largest dam in Africa: 1,800m long, 170m high and with a total volume of 10 million m3.
The new figure will be responsible for assisting the Construction Department in the coordination of the efficient operation of a multi-discipline workforce combining direct workforce, supplementary labor, and external subcontractors. Coordinate and ensure compliance of all relevant design, safety, quality, community and environment, and sustainability-related deliverables and documentation.
- Managing parts of the construction site
- Manage the assigned staff, coordinate construction-related activities
- Check that the planned activities are in line with the work schedule
- Fill in the daily reports of the activities carried out
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 0-2 years of experience
- Fluent English
- Good knowledge of civil and structural engineering
- Competence in interpreting programs and technical documentation
- Contract comprehension
- Sense of initiative, adaptability and willingness to spend part of working hours outside the office
- Willingness to relocate to Ethiopia