Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for a Regional Security Officerwithin the Legal and Risk Functionin Ethiopia. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Executive Head of Security the Regional Security Manager’s role will be responsible for the management and delivery of all round- Regional physical and personnel security and emergency management requirements.
- Manage all aspects of physical and personnel security for company facilities and regional staff
- Design & plan, propose, implement, manage; Monitor & improve all elements including access control, perimeter security and Surveillance systems.
- Investigate, follow-up and resolve security issues/cases affecting company mobile and immobile assets e.g., facilities, network equipment/property, staff, documents etc.
- Assist company & regional staff, through liaison with law enforcement agencies, on resolution of matters that require such intervention.
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies and sensitize company regional staff on general insecurity trends, personal /residential security awareness
- Coordinate the conduct of bi-annual security awareness briefs at all manned company facilities in conjunction with contracted Security Risk Management Consultant
- Conduct security briefings and updates to address contemporary security trends
- Work in close liaison with the Health & Safety Manager where necessary on health & security related investigations.
- Provide a linkage to other business units with other government and county authorities
- Degree in Security Management/Administration or any technical/business discipline.
- At least 3 – 5 years of similar experience in a Regional Security officer role
- At least 2 years’ experience in Corporate Security Management in a large corporate firm with multiple facilities
- General knowledge of the country’s laws and Government Regulations pertaining to law enforcement.
- Experience in investigations will be an added advantage
- Desired – Professional qualification in Security Management
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on Ethiojobs.net
then click on the apply button.
Remember to attach your resume.