Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
Safaricom Ethiopia is offering a wide range of careers, whether you’re looking to join our technology, commercial or corporate teams. If you would like a challenge and the promise of a digital future for the people of Ethiopia, we are looking for you.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Regional Maintenance Specialist – Adama within Technologyin Ethiopia reporting to the Regional Network Operation Manager. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
- To perform reactive maintenance and repair network elements in the shortest possible time in order to maximize network availability and offer expertise and support on network element repairs to regional maintenance staff
- To conduct field trials to identify and resolve network degradation in order to improve customer experience and benchmark performance
- To perform reactive first line maintenance on network transmission elements.
- To compile reports as required by management for the purpose of measuring efficiency, productivity and KPI’s
- To implement all network changes as requested in order to improve network quality and grade of service
- To implement all new network elements into the network.
- To conduct site acceptances (quality control) on work done by contractors in order to ensure that set standards are met and all policies and procedures are adhered to
- To implement disaster recovery plans in order to minimize loss of revenue and the negative impact on customers
- To maintain accuracy of the equipment asset register
- To ensure equipment spares availability for the network in the remote and vehicle stores in order to reduce mean time to repair
- To liaise with different role-players (Planning, Customer Care, NMC, Installations, Property, External parties) in order to ensure effective communication and feedback as well as to enhance cooperation.
- To perform network element monitoring to ensure proactive maintenance can be carried out timeously.
- To ensure that site DC power is optimised for maximum availability.
- To perform site civil checks to ensure that the site civil maintenance is effective.
- To identify all network and civil issues and bring them to the attention of manger.
- Relevant degree: Electrical Engineering Degree
- Understanding of basic telecommunications principles
- Understanding of basic business principles
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Relating and Networking
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on Ethiojobs.net
then Click on the apply button.
Remember to attach your resume.