Safaricom Telecommunications Ethiopia Plc is a company supporting Ethiopia’s digital transformation. As a member of the Vodacom family, we have a wealth of experience connecting over 334 million people globally and over 180 million people in Africa across our network. We look forward to partnering with Ethiopians as we build a new network in Ethiopia.
We are setting the groundwork in readiness for the launch of our services next year and are looking to work with purpose-led teams that put the community at the heart of service.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for a Project Management Office -Sales and Distribution Sub-lead within the PMO function in Ethiopia. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the PMO Commercial Lead, the role holder will be responsible for managing projects, in line with financial, time, quality, and performance targets
- Delivering projects from the requirements analysis phase through the implementation cycle and be able to provide performance measures of success
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Gather requirements from business stakeholders and document business and functional requirements
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Manages and controls project scope and the change control process to ensure that projects are completed according to schedule
- Collaborates on the content and presentation of key client deliverables as required to ensure relevancy, strategy, quality and timeliness
- Coordinates all activities of the project team and ensures that project tasks are completed by: facilitating project-related team meetings (i.e. kick-offs, status, internal/client reviews, etc.,), communicating action steps to team, and delivering weekly status reports to project team, the client and management
- Develops, maintains, and disseminates all project documentation including status reports, invoices, change orders, project schedules, budgets, and post implementation reviews. Ensures that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, follows internal documentation processes, and is reviewed and approved
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards
- Minimizes our exposure and risk to successful, on-time delivery
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and archived appropriately
- Facilitates project team meetings effectively
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to Peers, Subordinates and Superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- The Project Manager should understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Technical & Business Understanding
- Demonstrates working understanding SDLC
- Demonstrates an understanding of a technology/internet business environment.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application
- 4+ years of Project Management experience in a Technology, Banking or Telco organization.
- Experience working in a fast-paced Technology environment is a plus
- Proven track record in delivering projects from the requirements analysis phase through the implementation cycle and be able to provide performance measures of success
- Ability to excel in a constantly evolving environment
- Experience and a proven track record of success creating change within teams to increase project delivery competency
- Understanding of project dependencies and risk mitigation in multi-discipline projects
- Project budgeting and use of project management software (e.g. MS Project, At Task)
- Knowledge of SDLCs (software development life cycle) waterfall and Agile
- Strong facilitation and writing skills
- Ability to speak to non-technical business professionals and managers in non-technical speak to explain complex technical issues in order to build support and ownership for technology solutions
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on Ethiojobs.net
then click on the apply button.
Remember to attach your resume.