Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters, and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national, and global levels using our reach, experience, and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Field Support Supply Chain & Admin Manager
The position holder will be responsible to find new ways of working, systems, and tools with the objective of bringing operational excellence to the department. The job holder ensures compliance with organization and donor policies as well as provides through analysis of KPI to measure the department’s performance.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Accountabilities and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Strategic Leadership and Implementation (10%)
- Support Develop Supply Chain and Admin strategy and operational plan aligned to PIE’s five years country strategic plan
- Support Develop/ Adopt/ Review systems and procedures related to Supply Chain, Admin and ICT services throughout Plan Ethiopia.
- Contribute to the broader departmental leadership as part of the department’s management team
- Provide productive input in the development and/or review of Supply Chain Strategy at GH or regional level as may be required
- support departmental risks are identified, mitigated, and managed adequately including fraud and corruption
- Initiate, support & Lead the preparation of project-specific supply plans and annual Supply Chain & Admin plans of the Country Office and field offices
- Carry out strategic tasks delegated by the Head of Supply Chain & Admin
Establish Departmental Systems and Controls Leading towards Operational Excellence (20%)
- Identify and establish systems that will bring departmental efficiency in collaboration with various stakeholders and at all levels
- Contribution to the broader departmental level strategy as well as specific strategy on assigned areas indicated in the heading
- Contribute and coordinate the department’s operational plan
- Develop standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Develop checklists for standardized departmental processes
- Provide technical input in the development of various SOPs and Manuals
- Create a centralized database management systems for the department that enables complete and easy retrieval of important documents for various purposes and stakeholders
- Organize periodical meetings with stakeholders and department staff for performance review, collecting feedback and others
Ensure Departmental Compliance in line with Donor and PIE Policies and Procedures (10%)
- Ensure compliance to donor and organizational policies
- Follow up and implementation of audit actions
- Advice on the various grant rules and regulation and monitor transactions to ensure compliance at all times
- Conduct logistics compliance checks on country and field offices
- Provide technical support to other departments on compliance issues
- Participate in the preparation and final review of donor proposals and reports where required
- Check a sample transaction monthly to ensure donor compliance – typically high value purchase/tenders, flights, assets etc.
- Scrutinize selected procurement processes in all fields and in Addis for its correctness and PIE and donor compliance.
- Conduct monitoring visits to field locations meeting with the various department staff
Define, Compile and Analyse Departmental KPIs and Performance Monitoring (25%)
- Collaborate in defining departmental KPIs, reporting mechanisms
- Coordinate the timely submission of periodical reports to the CO
- Compile received reports and conduct analysis of departmental performance at all levels against KPI and report to Management periodically
- Identify and track improvement actions plans and design systems and tools to carry them out
Field Support and Capacity Building (25%)
- Actively engage in emergency response start-ups: rapid assessments, operational setup
- Coordinate and fulfil gap-filling requests
- Travel to field offices for compliance monitoring, addressing compliance-related bottlenecks, taking part in investigation processes as assigned and others
- Develop an annual training plan of the department
- Develop capacity-building training on policies, procedures, systems, and processes
- Take part and contribute to the identification, assessment, capacity building & support, monitoring, and coordination of partners
- Support field and CO in the recruitment of supply chain & admin staff including onboarding
Subject Matter Expert for Supply Chain ERP System (10%)
- Provide technical support to staff in resolving ERP bottlenecks in liaison with GH/RH
- Collaborate with GH and various SMEs of countries to get up-to-date on changes and requirements in the ERP System
- Collaborate with other SMEs within PIE in providing induction and capacity building trading and refresher training to new jointers and existing staff
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
- Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC).
- Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
- Ensure that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Education at BA Degree level in fields such as Supply Chain Management/ Logistic Management/ Business Administration or related field of studies
- At least 7 years of relevant experience as Logistics & Supply Chain Management which at least 3 years in managerial positions with NGOs in leading Logistics &Supply Chain.
- Ability to communicate effectively and authoritatively on the area of expertise.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across a network
- Planning and organization skills on short and long-time frames
- Strong negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Networking and partnership development skills
- Good interpersonal and public relation skills
- Good time management skills
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications
- Knowledge of an ERP system
- Strong technical skills in supply chain(Procurement, Fleet, Warehouse, Asset, Logistics, Admin), and knowledge and experience of project management
- Solutions orientated focused on programme outcomes
- Budget skills including effective use of resources
- Experience in preparing and submitting business cases
- Influencing skills and ability to provide attention to detail
- Certification in Supply Chain Management is preferred
- Training and capacity building would be an advantage
- Experience in international supply chains and custom regulations would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the humanitarian sector trends and constraints would be an advantage
- Additional experience in supply chain management is a plus
- Fluency in English language is essential
- Knowledge of local languages is a desirable
How to Apply
The closing date for the application is November 27, 2022. Qualified candidates should submit their application with the links provided below.
For internal applicants:
For external applicants:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- We are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated links.
- Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to Apply
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.