- The Network Engineer is primarily responsible for the management of corporate network infrastructure including corporate firewalls, routers and switches. He/she is responsible for configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software and communication links. S/he also troubleshoots network performance issues as well as analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization.
The role holder will also analyses and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion
Academic & Professional Qualification
- BSc. degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Information System, Electrical and Computer Engineering or any other equivalent field.
- Relevant professional qualifications and certifications such as CCNA CCNP and Collaboration System are an added advantage.
- At least six (6) years’ post qualification experience in a similar role.
Required Technical Competency
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Proven experience with VOIP phone systems.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Excellent understanding of multi-disciplinary nature of IT solutions.
- Experience with regulatory compliance issues, as well best practices in application and network security.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to lead, influence and drive change initiatives in support of business strategies within the department/unit.
- Interpersonal and cross cultural skills, including ability to build collaborative relationship with sensitivity to diversity/inclusion.
- Creativity and innovation skill
- Action oriented
- Quality focus and attention to detail
- Professionalism and integrity in line with Dashen Bank Values
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Personal motivation drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
- Good customer relationship management skill (internal & external)
- Risk awareness and focus-demonstrates understanding of risk management practice, standards and regulatory requirements.
How to Apply
1. Interested and qualified applicants should apply through
2. Applicants should fill all the details on the vacancy application form and make sure you submit after completing all the questions.
3. Finally, please scan all relevant credentials (Uploading relevant credentials that verifies educational qualification, work experience licenses, certifications …. etc which are stated on the application form /CV).
3. Login to ethiojobs vacancy application website and attach the scanned documents in PDF format (*mandatory).
NB. *Applicants who do not have ethiojobs account need to register using personal email account
v for any support please contact via 0115-18-03-55
*CV‘s shall not be more than 3 pages and saved in PDF format (mandatory
NB: – Dashen Bank does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Hence, if you are asked for any please refuse.