NIRAS – IP Consult, in association with GFA Consulting Group, is tendering in Ethiopia under the Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) financed by GIZ with the implementing partner Ministry of Labour and Skills.
The consortium is looking for a National Team Leader for the consultancy services: “Female Leadership, Masterclasses in TVET and Employment Qualification Measures in Ethiopia” in the GIZ-funded Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) in Ethiopia.
The opportunity is at the stage of expression of interest in a GIZ tender process.
About the project:
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union, GIZ is implementing the Sustainable Training and Education Programme in Ethiopia. Germany and the European Union are supporting the Ethiopian Government in improving the income and employment situation, especially for young people, through demand-driven training courses.
The main objective of this assignment, Female Leadership, Masterclasses in TVET and Employment Qualification Measures in Ethiopia, is to develop and implement further training and leadership measures for TVET staff, management and other stakeholders (work package 1) on the one hand as well as employment qualification measures for TVET graduates, job seekers and informally self-employed workers (work package 2) on the other hand. Therefore, the contractor’s tasks focus only on TVET and its stakeholders. The sectors relevant for this assignment are automotive, building construction, electrotechnology and hotel & tourism.
Tasks of the National Team Leader:
- Overall responsibility for the advisory packages of the contractor
- Coordination of overall implementation of the project in Ethiopia
- Ensuring the coherence and complementarity of the contractor’s services with other services delivered by STEP at the local and national level
- Close coordination with GIZ STEP management team
- Responsibility for checking the use of funds and financial planning in consultation with the officer responsible at GIZ
- Supporting the officer responsible for the commission in updating and/or adapting the project strategy, in evaluations and in preparing a follow-on phase.
The National Team Leader will be based in Addis Ababa. Duty travel for the project will be required.
Duration of the project: 24 months.
Commencement: December 2022 (tentative)
Qualifications and professional experience required:
- Education/training: University degree (Master or equivalent) in TVET teaching, youth and adult education, instructional design, education policy and management, Business Administration or engineering
- Languages: Knowledge of English, C2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in the field of project management in employment promotion or TVET projects and further training measures
- Specific professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in the field of leadership measures, short-term employment qualification measures, general TVET or education management
- Leadership/management experience: 10 years of management/leadership experience as a project team leader or manager (including personnel, budget and time) in a company or organization working in the area of training and employment promotion
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 3 years of experience in international DC with a focus on employment promotion, TVET or leadership training
How to Apply
Please apply online through our database of experts through the link: https://cv.niras.com/job_details/7703
Deadline for applications: 10th July 2022.
Please include an up-to-date CV in EU format and/or Development Bank format as a Word file.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Applications are screened on a rolling basis.