NIRAS – IP Consult, in association with GFA Consulting Group, is tendering in Ethiopia under the Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) financed by GIZ with the implementing partner Ministry of Labour and Skills.
The consortium is looking for a National Project Coordinator for the consultancy services: “Digitalization of Core Processes and Development of Blended Learning Formats for the TVET System” in the GIZ-funded Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) in Ethiopia.
The opportunity is at the stage of expression of interest in a GIZ tender process.
About the project:
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union, GIZ is implementing the Sustainable Training and Education Programme in Ethiopia. Germany and the European Union are supporting the Ethiopian Government in improving the income and employment situation, especially for young people, through demand-driven training courses.
The main objective of this assignment, Digitalization of Core Processes and Development of Blended Learning Formats for the TVET System, is to improve the capacities for the implementation of digitalized TVET through the development of three blended learning formats in three supported economic sectors and the digitalization of three core processes of the TVET system.
The sectors relevant for this assignment are automotive, electrotechnology, hotel and tourism, construction, and health.
Tasks of the National Project Coordinator:
- Overall coordination and steering of the three work packages described in these ToR.
- Coordinate the collaboration platform under WP 1 and ensure the involvement of and align implementation with the relevant stakeholders in the project, such as public institutions, TVET institutions, training providers and the private sector throughout all work packages of the assignment.
- Coordinate and steer the implementation of activities in Addis Ababa and the regions (if applicable).
- Coordinate the development of training materials for blended learning formats in close coordination with expert 3 (Blended Learning Advisor).
- Coordinate capacity development measures for TVET stakeholders to implement blended learning in close coordination with expert 4 (Further Training Expert).
- Responsibility for the implementation of work package 3 (digitalization of three core processes)
- Contribution to impact-oriented monitoring in line with GIZ requirements.
Duty travel for the project will be required.
Duration of the project: 24 months.
Commencement: December 2022 (tentative)
Qualifications and professional experience required:
- Education/training: University degree (master or equivalent) in management or education
- Languages: Knowledge of English (C1) and Amharic (C2) in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- General professional experience: 10 years of professional experience in the Ethiopian TVET or Higher Education sector
- Specific professional experience: 5 years of professional experience in applying digital solutions in the TVET or Higher Education sector in Ethiopia
- Leadership/management experience: 3 years of management/leadership experience as project team leader or manager in a company or an organization
- Development cooperation (DC) experience 2 years of experience working in DC projects
How to Apply
Please apply online through our database of experts through the link: https://cv.niras.com/job_details/7732
Deadline for applications: 10th July 2022.
Please include an up-to-date CV in EU format and/or Development Bank format as a Word file.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications are screened on a rolling basis.