NIRAS – IP Consult, in association with GFA Consulting Group, is tendering in Ethiopia under the Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) financed by GIZ with the implementing partner Ministry of Labour and Skills.
The consortium is looking for a National Further Training Advisor for the consultancy services: “Female Leadership, Masterclasses in TVET and Employment Qualification Measures in Ethiopia” in the GIZ-funded Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) in Ethiopia.
The opportunity is at the stage of expression of interest in a GIZ tender process.
About the project:
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union, GIZ is implementing the Sustainable Training and Education Programme in Ethiopia. Germany and the European Union are supporting the Ethiopian Government in improving the income and employment situation, especially for young people, through demand-driven training courses.
The main objective of this assignment, Female Leadership, Masterclasses in TVET and Employment Qualification Measures in Ethiopia, is to develop and implement further training and leadership measures for TVET staff, management and other stakeholders (work package 1) on the one hand as well as employment qualification measures for TVET graduates, job seekers and informally self-employed workers (work package 2) on the other hand. Therefore, the contractor’s tasks focus only on TVET and its stakeholders. The sectors relevant for this assignment are automotive, building construction, electrotechnology and hotel & tourism.
Tasks of the National Further Training Advisor:
- Overall coordination of the work package 1
- Provide training in one of the employment qualification measures in work package 2
- Ensuring involvement of and align implementation with the relevant stakeholders in the project, such as public authorities, public and private TVET institutions, training providers, the private sector, etc.
- Contribution to the impact-oriented monitoring in close collaboration with the STEP M&E team
The National Further Training Advisor will be based in Addis Ababa. Duty travel for the project will be required.
Qualifications and professional experience required:
- Education/training: University degree (master or equivalent) e.g. Engineer/Master of Arts in one of the four STEP sectors, namely automotive, electrotechnology, building construction or hotel and tourism
- Languages: Knowledge of English, C1, and Amharic, C2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- General professional experience: 7 years of professional experience in the TVET Sector
- Specific professional experience: 5 years of professional experience in one of the five STEP sectors, namely automotive, electrotechnology, building construction, agro-processing or hotel and tourism
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 2 years of experience working in DC project.
The position will be based in Addis Ababa. Duty travel for the project will be required.
Duration of the project: 24 months.
Commencement: December 2022 (tentative)
How to Apply
Please apply online through our database of experts through the link: https://cv.niras.com/job_details/7715
Deadline for applications: 10th July 2022.
Please include an up-to-date CV in EU format and/or Development Bank format as a Word file.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications are screened on a rolling basis.