NIRAS – IP Consult, in association with GFA Consulting Group, is tendering in Ethiopia under the Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) financed by GIZ with the implementing partner Ministry of Labour and Skills.
The consortium is looking for a National Blended Learning Advisor for the consultancy services: “Digitalization of Core Processes and Development of Blended Learning Formats for the TVET System” in the GIZ-funded Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) in Ethiopia.
The opportunity is at the stage of expression of interest in a GIZ tender process.
About the project:
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union, GIZ is implementing the Sustainable Training and Education Programme in Ethiopia. Germany and the European Union are supporting the Ethiopian Government in improving the income and employment situation, especially for young people, through demand-driven training courses.
The main objective of this assignment, Digitalization of Core Processes and Development of Blended Learning Formats for the TVET System, is to improve the capacities for the implementation of digitalized TVET through the development of three blended learning formats in three supported economic sectors and the digitalization of three core processes of the TVET system.
The sectors relevant for this assignment are automotive, electrotechnology, hotel and tourism, construction, and health.
Tasks of the National Blended Learning Advisor:
- Responsibility for the implementation of work package 1 (development of three blended learning formats)
- Technical lead and advisory for the concept development, testing and roll-out of the pilots
- Ensure collaboration within the established platform to ensure the stakeholders’ active involvement in the development of the formats
- Close coordination with National Project Coordinator
- Close collaboration with Further Training Expert
Duty travel for the project will be required.
Duration of the project: 24 months.
Commencement: December 2022 (tentative)
Qualifications and professional experience required:
- Education/training: University degree (master or equivalent) in Information and Communications Technology (ICT), software development, programming, instructional design, e-learning development, or education
- Languages: Knowledge of English (C1) and Amharic (C2) in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- General professional experience: 5 years of professional experience in the digitalization of education and training programmes
- Specific professional experience: 3 years of experience in instructional design, media development with a focus on adult learning principles, virtual training or e-learning, incl. development of storyboards and content for e-learning and virtual courses; games and gamification in education, programming and implementing e-learning applications with a focus on low connectivity settings and for different devices (smart phone, tablet, desktops)
- Development cooperation (DC) experience: 2 years of experience working in DC projects
How to Apply
Please apply online through our database of experts through the link: https://cv.niras.com/job_details/7733
Deadline for applications: 10th July 2022.
Please include an up-to-date CV in EU format and/or Development Bank format as a Word file.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications are screened on a rolling basis.