Purpose of the position:
The MHPSS specialist will be responsible for carrying out trainings on Mental Health and psychological support and emotional resilience for front line health workers, orient community and religious leaders, Health Development armies and Health extension workers. The incumbent will be a member of MHNT to ensure community engagement prevention discrimination subjected to violence and prevention of sexual exploitations and abuse in outreach locations. S/he will be expected to work in collaboration with the district health offices, local stakeholders, staffs of World Vision and partners for effective implementation of the project activities. In addition, the position holder will also be expected to provide supervision, technical assistance and capacity building to health extension workers and health workers in health facilities. S/he will be responsible to strengthening of early identification, diagnosis, treatment and referral linkage of women subjected to Gender based violence.
· Provide technical support on emotional resilience and participate in carrying out all components of MHSSP packages
· Ensure establishment of one stop center and clinical rape management for GBV survives (documentations of injuries, treatment of injuries, evaluation of sexually transmitted infections (STI) and preventive care
· Coordinate screening, identification counseling, treatment and referral linkage of women subjected to violence
· Ensure the establishment of women- centered health response for women who have subjected to violence (PSEA, SGBV)
Ensure community engagement prevention discrimination subjected to violence and prevention of sexual exploitations and abuse
- Education: Clinic nurse, Midwifery, Clinical psychologies
· Fluent in written and spoken English as well as knowledge of local languages is advantageous
· Two years’ relevant experience for degree holders and four years of experience for Diploma holders. Additional certificate on, SGBV, GBV, MHPSS and clinical rape management is an asset.
· Experience MHPSS, GBV with NGOs working in the area clinical rape management, emotional resilience’s for front line health workers, women center in emergency health response prevention of sexual exploitations
· With proven experience in supervising, coaching and mentoring.
Working Environment / Conditions:The position requires willingness to be based at Woreda and with a frequent travel to the outreach locations
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and apply through ethiojobs.net before the closing date of this announcement.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”Note: we do not receive hard copies