External Vacancy Announcement
Oromiya Development Association (ODA)
- Subjects: Chemistry, Health and Physical Education /HPE/, Geography and History,
2. Required number : 4 (One for each subject)
3. Job Description:
- ODA Boarding School aspires to be center of change and development, a catalyst for progress in science and technology, addressing the immediate and long term demand of national economy, innovative research and education.
- The Boarding School is committed to be the center of excellence in science and technology and provide highest quality education and training which builds the technical capacity of manufacturing and other industries.
- The Boarding School has the responsibility of undertaking and encouraging relevant academic programs, action researches, and community services in national and local priority areas and disseminating the findings therefore, the Boarding School is in general desirous of reinforcing and expanding its areas of excellence in the teaching-learning process, research and community services;
- The Boarding School envisions building a strong and committed academic community that aspires attaining the lofty ideals and goals of high school education.
- We are seeking passionate teachers, who thoroughly enjoy teaching, excel in their ability to reach and support students and take endless pride and countless hours to design inspiring and engaging lesson plans and teaching units.
- We seek compassionate, hardworking and resilient individuals capable of dealing with many of the unforeseen challenges that occur in a school. We seek individuals who work well with others and would enjoy living at the ODA Boarding Schools.
- As a boarding school, teaching life extends well beyond time spent with students in a classroom. Tutorials, clubs, study hall supervision, field trips and ongoing engaging school wide activities also form part of a teacher’s responsibilities. Working at a boarding school requires a genuine commitment to serve as a role model and be an active part of the community.
4. Role and Responsibilities
ODA Boarding School teachers are responsible for:
- To handle courses, tutorial, practical hours, mentoring and advising of boarding school students and take additional responsibilities which will be given by the school.
5. Job Requirements
5.1. Education Qualifications
- Have at a minimum of Bachelor Degree in subject teaching area . A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Have a Bachelor of Education Degree or Post Graduate Teaching Diploma in addition to under graduate/graduate degree
- Have a minimum CGPA of 2.75 for first degree applicants
- For Master degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.30 Where one of his/her degree is in regular program
- Recently two consecutive years performance evaluation result on average 90% and above
- Minimum of 4 years work experience for first degree and 2 years for post graduate in teaching secondary school.
5.2. Knowledge & Skills
We require teachers who are:
- Willing to attend in service training of teachers, self-motivated energetic, organized and flexible individual
- Free from any addiction and well-mannered good conduct with no bad records
- In principle willing to be around the school compound 24:00 hours except in exceptional condition
- Understanding of the nature of boarding school and needs of high school students
- Written and oral communication skills in English and Afan Oromo are mandatory.
- Professionally ethical, honest and willing to serve as outstanding role model in the community
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Email usage, Google Suite, internet searching and willing to learn new computer skills
- Able to demonstrate learner-centered teaching methodologies and are eager to continue to learn
- Experienced working in schools with a mission for academic excellence and student engagement
- Willing to embrace and adhere to the ODA Boarding School’s requirements, values & mission
- Active team players and problem solvers
- Outstanding communicators and have strong interpersonal skills
- Committed and passionate to teaching and highly motivated towards student development and growth
- Willing to teach and support students after hours and on weekends
- House with free electric and water cost or provision of house allowance instead of house
- Transportation allowance & Offers medical service according to working document of ODA boarding schools.
How to Apply
7. Application Procedures
The positions are open to male and female applicants. Applicants must demonstrate proof of eligibility to work in ODA Boarding School
An interested applicant who fulfill the job posting requirements can submit his/her complete application package which contains:
- Application letter along with recent CV;
- Non-returnable copies with originals of Degree & Student copy,
- Relevant work experience ,recent two consecutive years performance evaluation result and other necessary documents.
Incomplete application packages will not be reviewed. In the event that an outstanding applicant is identified early in the search process we reserve the right to appoint before the deadline. For this reason, we encourage interested applicants to apply at the earliest possible time. Due to the high volume of applications, we regret that we will only be able to contact selected, short listed candidates.
8. Place of Application: :
- ODA Head Office,Finfine , around Bole Medihanialem, Oromia Tower 6th floor HRD Dep’t office No 602 telephone No 0116392196. or
- ODA boarding school Bishoftu Branch, Near management institute, 0114302583 or 0114338562 or 0114304070
9. Date of application: 7 (seven) consecutive working days starting from Oct. 03/2022 GC or 23/01/2015 EC
Note: Release or clearance letter from recent employer and a guarantor are mandatory to be offered for the position.