I. About TechnoServe
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
II. Purpose of the Role
The primary responsibility of the Procurement Assistant is to support the procurement unit in procuring quality and cost-effective goods and services and ensure the items are delivered on time to the projects. Procurement Assistant responsibilities include researching new vendors, assisting the procurement officer in reviewing requisition, coordinate with requestors, preparation of RFQs/RFPs and ensuring the timely collection of quotes, supporting through all procumbent process steps, and tracking purchase orders and coordinating deliveries of the items to project.
III. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to;
- Researching potential vendors and updating the existing lists
- Receive and review the approved requisitions by fund managers’/budget holders
- Coordinate with requestors and make sure the right materials are needed. Find out the sample of the material to be purchased if necessary;
- Check and classify the precedence of the requisition and process as priority setting of the material needed.
- Assist to prepare procurement/tender documents for RFQs/ RFPs, initiations to bid for procurement unit, and co-ordination of their timely dispatch by email, messenger, and in person;
- Routing copying, scanning, and circulation of quotes, bids, and proposals for evaluation;
- Arrange procurement committee and/or technical evaluators meeting to evaluate tenders and quotation documents as and when required;
- Assist the Procurement Officer in maintaining current up-to-date Procurement documents
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
- Assist the coordination with the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice, and that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
- Maintains contact with vendors regarding orders, market conditions, and trends; coordinates purchasing from vendors
- Assist in updating procurement documents (quotes, bid analysis, evaluation, purchase order, contract, etc) into the procurement database
- Assist with managing the administrative process throughout the duration of the preparation of all documentation until the award of the contract
- Assist to ensure timely procurement of goods/logistical requirements and services through monitoring the procurement progress with the procurement unit and follow up with vendors;
- Assist in preparation of updates on procurement for the project team, admin, finance, and others on a biweekly basis
- Check the quality of deliverables and ensure that procured items are delivered properly as per specification as well as contract agreement and deal with performance evaluation of vendors;
- Tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery
- Provide purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and do all actions for completing the process.
- Assist in maintaining appropriated records to ensure that the procurement process, decision, and contractual agreement are accurately documented for accountability and audit purpose.
- Perform other duties related field as assigned by the supervisor.
IV. REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma/degree in Logistics, Supply management, Business Administration, Marketing Management, Accounting or relevant field
- Work experience as a Purchasing/ Procurement Assistant, Procurement or purchasing officer or similar role minimum – 2 years for diploma or 1 years for degree
- Knowledge of procurement/purchasing methods and procedures
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Knowledge of market research
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with project team and vendors.
- Some knowledge of procurement laws, regulations and procedures
· Computer skills (emails, scanning, word processing and accounting)
· Proactive and excellent communication skills
How to Apply
Our hiring process
Qualified and interested applicants should click here to apply and submit a cover letter resume as a single document (either Word or PDF) by October 31, 2022. Applications will be reviewed and considered as received/on a rolling basis. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be contacted. Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
TECHNOSERVE ENCOURAGES DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS AND ACROSS ALL FACETS OF OUR ORGANIZATION. WITH THIS COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF GENDER, RACE, COLOR, ETHNICITY, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, AGE, DISABILITY, AND ALL OTHER PROTECTED CLASSES.
TechnoServe has the right to cancel this advertisement. Women are highly encouraged to apply