If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Alight is an international non-profit organization with its headquarters located in the United States. Alight has provided humanitarian assistance to millions of beneficiaries in 29 countries over the past 40 years, currently reaching over 10 million refugees, IDPs, and disaster-affected communities in 17 countries around the world, helping people regain control of their lives after conflict and natural disasters. Alight maintains full-fledged humanitarian programs in Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda, Sudan, South Sudan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Pakistan, Thailand, and Myanmar. Alight is currently in the process of responding to humanitarian situation in Ethiopia.
Alight focuses on lifesaving humanitarian interventions as well as recovery and resilience building programs designed to create lasting positive change in the lives of vulnerable people. Alight works closely with displaced persons, returnees, refugees and communities affected by natural and man-made disasters, providing a range of integrated assistance including primary and curative health care, water and sanitation, protection services, restoration of strategic health and water infrastructure, dignified housing for returning refugees, and sustainable job creation. Alight has also built strong relationships with development partners, agencies, as well as federal and local governments in order to approach challenges in an inclusive and holistic manner and come up with innovative solutions that best fits the local context.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The main purpose of the position is to work with the affected community to implement the hygiene promotion aspect of WASH by mobilizing them (communities) to participate in the programme. The holder of the position will work directly with the IDPs and host Community to lead them in interpretation of promotion materials, training and practice. He/She will take the lead in beneficiary profiling and selection for hygiene kits and other related NFIs.
- Promoting safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and Services with the aim of reducing WASH related risks.
- Participate in carrying out needs assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies and feedback findings to stakeholders.
- Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally to coordinate within the WASH sector and between sectors such as health.
- Create an enabling environment for effective dialogue with the affected community to allow the agency to be held to account for the quality of the WASH programme.
- Help identify needs for non-food items relevant to hygiene, participate in the choice of items, targeting Methodology, promotion of effective use of kits and post-distribution monitoring and reporting.
- Implement a Hygiene promotion programme that ensures links with the provision of water and sanitation Facilities and inputs.
- Participation and facilitation of participatory tools at IDP camps and host community level including the Rural Rapid assessment (RRA) as well as (PRA), PHAST and CHAST.
- Conduct and facilitate the Pre and Post KAP surveys in IDPs/host communit.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Knowledge of one or more of the followings: public health, health or hygiene promotion, community development, community water supply and sanitation.
- Academic or professional qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- At least two years of practical experience in community development, health, WASH or similar programmes.
- Good knowledge and experience of working with local partner agencies.
- Experience and understanding of hygiene promotion and community mobilization in relation to water and sanitation activities.
- Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of different sectors of a community.
- Familiarity with the culture of the affected population, ability to develop respect from a wide range of people and strong ability to communicate effectively on hygiene matters.
- Fluency in the language of the affected population and ability to communicate in the international language used in the humanitarian operation.
- Good mobilization skills
- Ability to work in unstable insecurity environments
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements
- Ability to be remotely managed and manage remotely
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Proficiency in English language plus
- Willingness to travel and live in difficult security and operational environments
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can send to email@example.com before Oct 25, 2022, COB.
- Please, indicate the position/title as well as preferred location applied for in your cover letter and/or subject of the email.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Only qualified applicants will be short listed and contacted.
- Open to Ethiopian nationals ONLY.
“FEMALES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY”