TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives. For more information, visit www.technoserve.org
- The position holder is responsible to provide transport services in project areas as well as in Addis Aaba, in a way by providing transport service within the town or to field areas to staff, visitors and others assigned by the Project Manager frequently.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that rules and regulations laid down by TNS regarding the use of TNS vehicles are fully adhered to
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of staff members and authorized visitor
- Collect urgent documents, items to and from government offices, project sites and from clients as required
- Logs trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes and greasing
- Responsible for the day to day follow-up of vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc
- Responsible for keeping the vehicle’s maintenance including the service time.
- Responsible for managing the fuel cards as per TNS procedure
- be reliable, punctual and self-motivated
- Ensure vehicle is kept tidy at all times
- Willing to travel outside of the Addis Ababa
- Report any malfunction in a timely manner including but not limited to any unusual noise, oil leakage, flat/worn out tires etc.
- Ensure that seat belts are worn at all times inside TNS vehicles
- Ensure the comfort and safety of passengers
- Ensure prompt reporting of accidents irrespective of the value of the damage
- Adhere to rules and regulations of the countries’ traffic law
- Carry a valid driving license at all times
- Carry out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by his/her immediate supervisor
- Valid 3rd grade driving license
- 12th grade complete; Diploma in Auto-mechanics is an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Driver. Ability to communicate in both Amharic & English languages, willing and able to work in teams
- Motivated and committed
- Flexible, willing to work outside normal office hours and during weekends
- Willing to travel outside of the base and travel long distance
- Gender sensitive
- Technical knowledge of vehicles and basic maintenance
- Experience in an NGO environment
- Experience in driving four-wheel drive/field vehicle
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should click here to apply and submit a cover letter resume as a single document (either Word or PDF) by October 31,2022. Applications will be reviewed and considered as received/on a rolling basis.
Please note that we are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated link.
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
TNS has the right to cancel this advertisement