Ethiopian Commodity Exchange
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT No. 005– 2022
The vision of ECX is to become a leading and dynamic African Exchange of choice. ECX has a mission to provide a modern, efficient, transparent, and reliable market platform and warehousing service through the adaptation of technology, excellence in innovation, and integrity. ECX is a unique partnership of market actors, Members of the Exchange, and its main promoter, the Government of Ethiopia. ECX represents the future of Ethiopia, bringing integrity, security, and efficiency to the market. ECX would like to promote motivated and qualified applicants for the following positions.
Position Title: – Database Administrator
Job Grade: – 7
Duty Station: – Head Office
Availability: – As soon as possible
Job Purpose:- The purpose of the job is to provide technical support, Administer, and oversee overall ECX core business Databases at the Head Quarter (HEAD OFFICE), Disaster Recovery (DR) site Branch Offices and Regional Trading Centers; to assist the Manager IT Infra & Support in running the Database infrastructure of the Exchange, and to Maximize ECX’s database services uptime through maintenance of corporate database infrastructure.
SUMMARY MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors and ensures All ECX business, corporate, and market data dissemination databases including SMS/IVR databases are properly functioning, optimized, and highly available and secured.
- Install ,maintain Database software and updates
- Audit Database Access and Requests
- Analyze Impact of Database Changes to the Business
- Analyze and Recommend Database Improvements
- Debug Database Issues on Live Data
- Design and Build Database Management System
- Implement Backup and Recovery Plan
- Proactively Tune Database in Production
- Test Database to Ensure Everything Operates Efficiently Without Error, Test Recovery Plans
- Set Security Permissions for Database, Setup Safety Measures to Recover Data
- Setup Safety Measures to Recover Data
- Coordinates database infrastructure Administration of the Exchange and ensures ECX’s Databases data manipulation, modification, or reporting of ECX’s databases data elements are according to ECX’s Database policy and standard document.
- Oversees and conducts restoration of ECX’s business databases, and ensures the backup of eTrade Application database and all business Critical databases of the Exchange and the restoration and recovering of corrupted business databases.
- Participates in recommending the most effective way to increase database performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, and query tweaking or index/query changes
- Ensures for all the ECX database policies and standards are followed on ECX database infrastructure.
- Monitors the proper functioning of the ECX Database infrastructure at all time on working and non-working hours, locally and remotely and daily ensures primary and disaster recovery site databases are synchronized
- Installs new, rebuild, repair existing or new Database Servers using established standards and requirements, and prepares Database testing environment based on design requirements.
- Participates and assists Application developers on efficient database design, Updates eliciting business requirements and database development
- Ensures that new database code meets ECX database policy and standards for readability, reliability, security and performance
- Provides Tier III support to resolve database administration related tasks
- Performs other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- MSc\BSc Information Technology, Computer science and other related fields.
- 2/4 years’ experience in Database Administration, Database Development, Business information, Data warehouse and related work experience.
Certification or License Required
- Microsoft SQL server certifications or Oracle certifications or DB2 Certifications and Mysql certification
How to Apply
All interested and qualified applicants should apply through the below link; Applicants should fill all the details on the vacancy application form and make sure you submit after completing all the questions and upload a cover/application letter and updated CV via:
or in hard copy by post with position marked on the envelope: Ethiopia Commodity Exchange, P.O. Box 17341, Addis Ababa on or before October 13, 2022.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
ECX is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.