GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement ‘#162/2022’
Participatory and Integrated Land Use Planning Project II (PILUP II)
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
In Ethiopia, GIZ has been working for more than 40 years in bilateral cooperation on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and on commission of the Ethiopian government and international donors.
GIZ Ethiopia is looking to recruit a Communications Specialist to support the Participatory and Integrated Land Use Planning Project. The Participatory and Integrated Land Use Planning project follows a multi-level approach to support participatory and intersectoral land use planning through strengthening the capacities of national and regional land claimant institutions, civil society, and the private sector to develop, legally anchor and pilot participatory and integrated land use planning. In particular, the project, strengthens selected regional land administrations in order to gain practical experience with the implementation of planning processes in peri-urban and rural areas with high land competition.
Duration of contract: 31.12.2024
Required Candidates: One
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the project in promoting and executing the communication strategy and plan
- Serve as the project’s point of contact with consultants, national and regional partners and development organizations, and other stakeholders
- Manage the project’s communications digital library/archive, including specific communications, reports, and other materials such as videos, photographs, and media clippings
- Supervise the activities of short-term consultants and service providers working for the project in the area of communications such as graphic designers, videography and photography consultancies, and printers
- Assure the quality of communication and visibility products (e.g. brochures, factsheets, PowerPoint presentations)
- Implement standards and guidelines for GIZ and partners communication works
- Communicate with GIZ’s PR & Communications Unit for consultations, communication products quality check and monthly jour fixe and networking
- Develop suitable communication and visibility products (e.g. brochures, factsheets, PowerPoint presentations, information sheets, web descriptions, etc.)
- Collaborate with project staff members to produce effective communication and awareness raising materials
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing; and have followed BMZ, GIZ and other partners’ standards and guidelines
- Manage the production of publications and materials in accordance with BMZ and GIZ standards (corporate design, standards for content)
- Organize and facilitate various physical and/or virtual events (e.g. workshops, meetings, training)
- Support the development and dissemination of knowledge and experience through enhanced communication, strengthened knowledge products and publications
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned
Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited university or college in journalism, communications, public relation, or any other related field
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience in journalism, international relations, communications, or a related field
- Previous GIZ work experience is an asset
Other knowledge, additional competences
- High level of knowledge in the MS Office package and MS Teams
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, MS Publisher, etc.
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Experience with media production
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English and Amharic
- Knowledge of the land governance system in Ethiopia is an asset
- High degree of creativity, initiative, integrity, and accountability
- Conceptual and creative thinking and independent initiative
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Communication Specialist #162/2022’ in the subject line of your email application.
Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”