Purpose of the position:
IYCF Officers support the care takers and PHCUs in counselling and home to home visit for TFP and SFP beneficiaries for successful outcome. He/she will support heath facilities (Primary Hospitals, Health Centers and Health Posts) in the treatment of acute malnutrition among nutrition priority groups, mainly Children U5 and referral linkage services in accordance with the national protocol and SPHERE standard. He/she will support and assist the care takers to adhere to instructions, hygiene sanitation and infant and young children feeding at facilities and door to door for SAM and MAM caretakers.
The position is expected to support health facilities and support for mothers at the Therapeutic Feeding Programs in OTP and SC sites (TFP units) and Responsible for identifying the barriers and cultural taboos that hiders child feeding, identify minimum resources for IYCF implementation with other routine reports and share to the immediate supervisor.
· Responsible to support Districts and PHCU in collaboration with OTP/SC officers in planning and conducting nutrition screening activities,
· Ensuring existence of functional referral pathways and linkages between communities and HF and vice versa on TFP/SFP beneficiaries.
· Support and assist Woreda Health Offices and PHCUs in the piloting of Family MUAC approach
· Implement and Provide technical support for TFP on (IDPs), and mobilization of community, and nutritional screening for both host & IDPs
· Ensure that all medicine, medical supplies and equipment needed for the activities are available before departure
· Conduct regular supportive supervision and provide technical support on stabilization Center and Outpatient Therapeutic Program sites every week;
· Ensure linkage of OTP/SC discharges, to distribution of protection and TSF ration (If applicable), in order to prevent further deterioration.
· Print, laminate and Provide the necessary OTP/SC guide lines and protocols for running OTP/SC, photocopy for other related activities;
· Integrate the TFP activities with IYCF Activities, including health facilities with due emphasis on enhancing the availability and integration of IYCF counselling services.
· Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plump nut and drug stock control balance form
- BSc degree in Public Health/ Clinical Nursing/Nutrition and related health field of study preferred from accredited universities or health colleges
· Fluent in written and spoken English as well as knowledge of local languages is advantageous
- Acute malnutrition 2019 revised guideline training
- Revised 2019 IMAM guideline, and IYCF-E training
- Integrated Pharmaceuticals Logistics System (IPLS)
- Trained on Family MUAC approach and TSFP/MAM
· Minimum three years working experience with NGOs in CMAM program.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
· Knowledge, training and experience in management of MAM and SAM with/without medical complication
· Demonstrated skills in IYCF-E with CMAM program planning, implementation and monitoring.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Good human relation skills.
· Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
· Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions;
· Strong adherence to World Vision values;
· Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity and integrity;
Working Environment / Conditions:
· The position requires willingness to be based at Woreda and with a frequent travel to the outreach locations
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and apply through ethiojobs.net before the closing date of this announcement.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”Note: we do not receive hard copies