Hiring organization: UNICEF
Job Title: Humanitarian Cash Transfers – Cash Consultants (3 Required) based in Addis Ababa, Hawassa, and Semera
Closing Date: The deadline for the application of this vacancy is July 01, 2022
Work Schedule: The work schedule for this position is: full-time
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
NB: We encourage you to read the job description carefully before you start the process. Highlight your skills, motivation and experience and tailor your letter of interest accordingly.
How can you make a difference?
Join our team to advice, provide expert analysis and technical and operational leadership of cash programming in UNICEF’s 3 Field Offices of Afar, Oromia, and SNNPR (one consultant in each Field Office). Special attention will be required on the coordination of the HCT drought response with Ethiopia Cash Working Group partners and clusters under the humanitarian coordination architecture.
Scope of work:
- Cash-based assistance, design and implementation
- Coordinate and harmonize UNICEF supported humanitarian cash transfer initiatives and provide support and technical assistance on humanitarian cash transfer initiatives at all stages, from design to production of concrete results. This includes both direct support to government and civil society partners as well as support to UNICEF teams working on emergency response.
- Conduct regular operational analysis of the existing HCT programmes, identify potential modalities of payment and Financial Service Providers (FSPs), provide quality assurance and identify solutions such as design improvements, additional trainings and technical support
- Undertake cash feasibility assessments, where relevant, to inform UNICEF cash programmes, and identify implementing partners, and/or contribute to partners design efforts to ensure that HCT programmes are child-centered
- Conduct risk assessments and propose risk mitigation measures for the use of cash in emergencies in the specific context of the region.
- Prepare programme reports required for management, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
- Develop and facilitate training of any UNICEF or partner staff on cash transfer programming.
- Participate in market monitoring and contribute to the development and update of the area cash profile
- Work closely with relevant sections, as needed
- Partnership, Coordination and Collaboration for cash transfer programme
- Provide support to strengthening strategic partnerships around UNICEF supported humanitarian cash transfer initiatives
- Work as a UNICEF resource person with cluster partners on the development of thinking on enhancing HCT and engaging in opportunities in HCT programming in the NWS context
- Provide recommendations and advices for potential partnerships and collaboration with partners, including UN agencies and national partners
- Actively participate and represent UNICEF in nationwide coordination forums such as the national and decentralized Multi Sectoral Cash Working Group, and any other relevant interagency group which might be established
- Provide and develop sector-specific maps and graphics that aid forward planning as well as impact analysis
- Ensure the dissemination and adaptation as necessary of information management tools that meet the Cash Working Group needs
- Ensure the collation and compilation of HCT data and provide timely, consistent, and compatible data and information on needs assessment and programme monitoring for operational analysis and decision-making; including but not limited to monthly 5Ws reporting
- University Degree in Social Development, Economics, Sociology, Social Sciences, Social Work, Information Management, Risk, Emergency Planning, Data/Business Analytics
- A minimum of 5 [Five] years of combined field and office relevant professional experience in different international organizations or projects (e.g. UN agencies, INGOs, IOs, Donors, IFRC or ICRC)
- Knowledge of the UN System, and NGO humanitarian community, and humanitarian coordination architecture (desired)
- Knowledge of Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) standards, and indicators (desired)
- Proven cash implementation skills
- Experience in cash programming (desired)
- Familiarity with the humanitarian coordination
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset
How to apply:
If you are interested in the post and feel that you are suitable for the role, then apply through the below link: