Purpose of the position:
Under the guidance of field level Emergency WASH Coordinator and with consultation with NO Emergency WASH Manager, the staff will be responsible for the full implementation of GAC funded emergency WASH intervention in Afar and Tigray regions, be responsible for implementation of sanitation and hygiene activities, construction of VIP/communal latrines, target identification and distribution of WASH NFIs, water treatment chemicals, facilitate trainings related to sanitation and hygiene, establishment and training of WASHCos, Post distribution monitoring, reporting etc.. The employee is also expected to closely integrated and collaborate with project engineers, Shelter and Health professionals of the project as well as the stakeholders.
· Follow up/Supervision of the planned activities of the WASH response: construction of VIP/ communal Latrines, distribution of WASH NFIs and water treatment chemicals, hygiene related trainings etc. Ensure the quantity and quality of water delivered met the standards.
· Develop collaborative relationships within World Vision at all levels, communities, local partners and local government, other Implementing partners, Clusters and convey information & ideas and effectively coordinate to ensure overall project targets and donor compliances are met.
· Ensure the integration of cross cutting themes related to gender, protection, environment and other crosscutting issues to the implementation of WASH activities, and ensure that activities take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, elderly and disabled people. All the interventions adhere to Do No Harm principles and with participation from all relevant stakeholders, including disaster affected children and their families.
· Prepare, organize, track and share timely & regular reports on WASH intervention including outcome level success/case stories;Ensure the program delivery of baseline and end line evaluation and post distribution monitoring (PDM) and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and within the timeframe in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures
- Environmental Health, Public Health, or related fields
- Knowledge of local language is advantageous
· 2 for MSc and 4 Year for BSc on relevant project/program experience of WASH in an international NGO or similar organization.
Working Environment / Conditions:Field base with frequent travel to project sites
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and apply through ethiojobs.net before the closing date of this announcement.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”Note: we do not receive hard copies