Purpose of the position:
Under the guidance of field level Emergency Response/CPO/AP Manager and NO Emergency WASH Manager, the staff will be responsible for the full implementation of BHA funded emergency WASH intervention of North and South Wollo Zones of Amhara Region as well as in Afar Regions : Assessment, Feasibility study, BOQ and Bid document preparation, supervision, contract administration of construction and rehabilitation of water supply systems ,VIP latrines, Communal Latrines and supervision and monitoring of water trucking services in the targeted districts. The employee is also expected to closely integrated and collaborate with Sanitation and Hygiene experts, Shelter and Health professionals of the project as well as the stakeholders.
· Lead and participate in the feasibility studies, Preparation and review of the design, BOQ and all bid documents, review/prepare payments for all WASH facility constructions/rehabilitation/maintenances, and monitor the water trucking services.
· Regular monitoring and supervision of ongoing construction activities to ensure that all the activities are executing as per design, specifications and work schedule. Provide technical support to other sectors like Shelter and Health professionals during the implementation of the integrated multi-sectoral emergency project
· Ensure the integration of cross cutting themes related to gender, protection, environment and other crosscutting issues to the implementation of WASH activities, and ensure that activities take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, elderly and disabled people. All the interventions adhere to Do No Harm principles and with participation from all relevant stakeholders, including disaster affected children and their families.
· Prepare, organize, track and share timely & regular reports on WASH intervention including success/case stories;
· Ensure the program delivery of baseline and end line evaluation and post distribution monitoring (PDM) and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and within the timeframe in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures
· Required Qualifications:
- BSc Degree Civil Engineering, Hydraulic, Water supply, Environmental Engineering and related
- Knowledge of local language is advantageous
· 2 Year experience for MSc and 4 years for BSc on relevant project/program experience of WASH in an international NGO or similar organization, preferably emergency WASH operations.
Working Environment / Conditions:Field base with frequent travel to project sites
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and apply through ethiojobs.net before the closing date of this announcement.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”Note: we do not receive hard copies