Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer and Supply Chain Manager respectively, the driver will provide transportation services for IRC staff and guests handling business within Gambella field office and in other areas where IRC is operational. She/he is encouraged to drive in accordance with IRC’s vehicle management policies and procedures.
- Maintain updated vehicle log sheet by filling in all required information properly and accurately.
- Documents all fuel and other expenditure regularly and precisely.
- Undertake maintenance/repair of vehicles as scheduled.
- Coordinates with staff on their travel requirements.
- Reports promptly to the logistics officer immediately in writing after events of losses, malfunctions or accidents have occurred.
- Keeps vehicles clean and in a very good condition.
- Follow up the periodic service of the vehicle and full fill the crucial condition for processing the maintenance on time.
- Provides some mechanical services to the vehicles as need emerges.
- Takes deliver of goods, supplies, etc on behalf of IRC.
- Fill daily checklist and waiver if any
- Runs errands and support other activities.
- Enforce IRC vehicles policy and safety procedure.
- Carry out other activities as assigned by supervisor
Expected Key Competencies
- Professional driving skill
- No road safety-related fines or convictions.
- Having knowledge of road rules and regulations
- Skills in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repair
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks
- Drivers must display an attitude and behavior that reflects well on both themselves and the IRC
- Strict adherence to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long-distance vehicle checks. Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
- Maintaining the vehicle clean, fueled and mechanically sound.
- Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
- Advising the Transport manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
- Applies basic knowledge of work routines and standards; requires ability to understand oral and written instructions and perform simple tasks.
- Two years of related work experience for high school graduate and Certificate/TVET.
- Zero year of related work experience for TVET Certificate.
- Valid 3rd grade driving license
- Plus basic computer knowledge (word, excel)
- Basic English spoken and writing.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
· Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials through IRC Gambella Field Office, PO BX 275,
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications and experience
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information:||YES NO|
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply!