NIRAS – IP Consult, in association with GFA Consulting Group, is tendering in Ethiopia under the Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) financed by GIZ with the implementing partner Ministry of Labour and Skills.
The consortium is looking for four National Experts (Company Advisors) within Expert Pool 2 for the consultancy services: “Cooperative Training and Support to Companies” in the GIZ-funded Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) in Ethiopia.
The opportunity is at the stage of expression of interest in a GIZ tender process.
About the project:
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union, GIZ is implementing the Sustainable Training and Education Programme in Ethiopia. Germany and the European Union are supporting the Ethiopian Government in improving the income and employment situation, especially for young people, through demand-driven training courses.
The main objective of this assignment, Cooperative Training and Support to Companies, is to support partners to develop and implement impactful and scalable cooperative training programmes and to engage companies through customized support schemes. The consultancy will establish a regional and sectoral implementation structure (work package 1); develop capacity support measures, enabling companies to play a more active role in TVET and employment promotion (work package 2); re-design four cooperative training programmes in automotive, hotel and tourism, electrotechnology, and building construction (work package 3); and re-design four cooperative training programmes in the agro-processing sector (work package 4).
The sectors relevant for this assignment are automotive, hotel and tourism, electrotechnology, building construction, and agro-processing.
Tasks of the National Experts (Company Advisors) in Expert Pool 2:
- Run success factor assessment (WP2)
- Engage private companies to reach target numbers (170)
- Support the development and implementation of company training (WP2)
- Ensure active participation of companies in the development of the Cooperative Training Programmes
- Support companies to run in-company part of the CT training sufficiently
- Actively contribute to knowledge management
- Any other task to fulfil the objectives of this consultancy·
The National Experts (Company Advisors) will be based in Adama, Bahir Dar, Hawassa and in Addis Ababa.
Duration of the project: 24 months.
Commencement: December 2022 (tentative)
Qualifications and professional experience required:
- Education/training: All experts with University degree (bachelor’s/master’s) in economics or project management
- Language: All experts with knowledge of English, B2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, Native language skills in the city of deployment (Adama, Bahir Dar, Hawassa and in Addis Ababa)
- General professional experience: All experts with 10 years of professional experience within companies from the following sectors: Automotive, hotel and tourism, electrotechnology, building construction
- Specific professional experience: All experts with 5 years of professional experience in HR or in-house training concepts
- Other: All experts with proven record of engagement with relevant local actors in Addis Ababa, Hawassa, Bahir Dar, Adama (associations, colleges, regional governance structures, companies, etc) in the mentioned sectors
How to Apply
Please apply online through our database of experts through the link: https://cv.niras.com/job_details/7728
Deadline for applications: 10th July 2022.
Please include an up-to-date CV in EU format and/or Development Bank format as a Word file.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications are screened on a rolling basis.