Position: Accounts & Control Officer “C”
Place of Work: Asela Branch
Opening Date: June 23, 2022
About the Organization:
VisionFund Micro Finance Institution (S.C) is an Institution established according to proclamation No. 40/96 to provide financial services to the productive poor in the rural and urban areas of Ethiopia. VisionFund is currently operating in four of the Regional States of the country.
VisionFund MFI is currently looking for internal candidates for Accounts and Control Officer for Asela Branch Office. The successful candidates will have skills and experience that meet the following requirements:
1. Major Responsibilities
Ensure the maintenance of an updated and well-kept accounting books and records
· Handle and ensure branch’s daily financial transaction (payments, collections, cash withdrawal & deposition in banks, saving withdrawals, cash count etc.) are in line with financial policy and procedure of the institution.
· Ensures timely and accurate weekly & monthly bank reconciliation for all accounts of the branch and take prompt action on reconciling items
· Ensures observance of policies in the preparation of payments, deposits, petty cash and vouchers
· Ensures that the accounting books, records, loan documents etc. of the MFI branch are properly filed and stored for efficient retrieval and use;
· Signs and counter signs on all financial documents and statements with the Branch manager
Prepare and assist for both internal and external audits
· Provides assistance in any audit or examination to be conducted by the external or internal auditor, government regulatory agencies as well as other parties duly authorized by the Board of Directors or the CEO to conduct such activity;
· Facilitate availing of all necessary documentation for branch audit task and ensure that proper minutes is kept, signed and properly filed up on audit exit conference.
Maintain sufficient control systems
· Play internal control role of the branch office, i.e ensure that all financially and operational activities of the branch is in alignment policies and procedures of the institution and regulatory requirement
· Keeps a systematic monitoring of all of the MFI’s property and equipment, monitor its movement and review its condition as compared to its book value;
· Ensure financial documents (cheque books, vouchers, loan documents etc.) are kept in safe custody and handled in accordance of policy and procedure of the institution.
· Ensure that all financial documents and loan documents are signed by parties involved and properly filed
· Ensure management of cash; cash in hand and at bank is done in line with policy and procedure of the institution.
· Work with the treasurer to ensure adequate control of cash and other assets according to laid down policies for the MFI.
· Ensure that monthly client verification is done, signed and orderly documented.
· Ensure that budget and budgetary control is done in accordance with policy and procedure of the institution
· Formulate financial budget and annual plan of the branch in coordination with Branch manager
Responsible for of branch cash flow forecasting and liquidity management of branch office
§ Ensure system generated tasks such EOM running, backups, off-line files, scanned copies of loan documents are properly handled & timely reported
§ Promptly produces regular financial and other reports per policy and procedure of the institution;
§ Produce for review monthly income, balance sheet and cash flow statement of the head office
· Bachelor degree or Diploma in Accounting is required
· Chartered accountant is an added advantage.
· 2 years of experience for Bachelor Degree or 4 years’ experience for Diploma in related positions.
· Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
· Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of integrity
· Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
· Be proficient in Microsoft office, Sun systems and excellent use of Excel spreadsheets
· Highly developed sense of reliability and accuracy
· Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
· Very good communication skills
Terms of Employment: Permanent
Closing Date: June 26, 2022
How to Apply
Candidates who fulfill the above requirements can submit the application letter, updated curriculum vitae with names and addresses of up to 3 references and non-returnable copies of credentials on VFE_vacancy@wvi.org
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply